Sacred Pie: The Message Board!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2015 8:28 am  #1

Who has the Tunic?

I just realized -- we've known the general timelines for the Sacred Objects up to this point...to an extent. Who are they chasing that has the Tunic, and where did that person get it? Or is this beginning of the loop that, until now, we assumed didn't really have a beginning (I think the theory we had was that the Tunic was in a neverending temporal loop that would keep it out of Lucy's hands...Hatter?)

1/05/2015 7:14 pm  #2

Re: Who has the Tunic?

I thought the reason the tunic is safe is because they merged the future and past tunic into one?

1/05/2015 8:06 pm  #3

Kench wrote:

I just realized -- we've known the general timelines for the Sacred Objects up to this point...to an extent. Who are they chasing that has the Tunic, and where did that person get it? Or is this beginning of the loop that, until now, we assumed didn't really have a beginning (I think the theory we had was that the Tunic was in a neverending temporal loop that would keep it out of Lucy's hands...Hatter?)

I brought this up in another thread a few months ago. I guess you guys have assumed it is just a begginingless cycle (I disagree). If my guess is right, the question is "how far in the past does Bob hide the Tunic and where?" There isn't a reason Bob can't hide that Tunic way in the past.

Last edited by Charon (1/05/2015 8:09 pm)

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

1/05/2015 11:14 pm  #4

To answer your question Kench, the person they're looking for is this Teroc, and the "Tunic" he's in possession of is fake. The whereabouts of the real Sacred Tunic are unknown. The last person we know to have been in possession of the Tunic is T'Yalla, who, according to Sirmo, was stripped of the Objects by the minions of Lucifer.

It's been more or less confirmed by Phil that the way the Tunic gets "hidden" in the past is by merging the future Tunic (taken by the Traveller from Sid and the Boys at the beginning of Book 2) with the Tunic of the past (yet to be discovered), thus locking the Tunic in an endless loop that prevents it from existing in the future.

1/06/2015 1:58 am  #5

Angry Hatter wrote:

To answer your question Kench, the person they're looking for is this Teroc, and the "Tunic" he's in possession of is fake. The whereabouts of the real Sacred Tunic are unknown. The last person we know to have been in possession of the Tunic is T'Yalla, who, according to Sirmo, was stripped of the Objects by the minions of Lucifer.

It's been more or less confirmed by Phil that the way the Tunic gets "hidden" in the past is by merging the future Tunic (taken by the Traveller from Sid and the Boys at the beginning of Book 2) with the Tunic of the past (yet to be discovered), thus locking the Tunic in an endless loop that prevents it from existing in the future.

Spoilers http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cry.png

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

1/06/2015 8:17 am  #6

Angry Hatter wrote:

This is why I never do my homework. Hatter does it for me.

OK, so the Tunic T'Yalla wore is still out there somewhere and we don't know how/when it comes into play -- that's probably what my question actually was.

Board footera