Sacred Pie: The Message Board!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2015 12:03 am  #21

Re: Job hunting

Angry Hatter wrote:

And now the giant polka dotted bull alien with candy cane horns meowed. Makes perfect sense! 

Well, it might inspire Bob to be a daredevil. Roonas might join him and lose those two fingers. 

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

7/05/2015 11:39 pm  #22

Or this world's equivilent to a lion tamer. Whatever works. 

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

7/09/2015 2:58 am  #23

Maybe the polka dotted alien can smell remnance of Bob's warewolf days.

7/09/2015 12:19 pm  #24

Chadus wrote:

More likely a bit of time travel is involved.

7/11/2015 2:11 pm  #25

Charon wrote:

Chadus wrote:

More likely a bit of time travel is involved.

Ooooh, that's interesting. I hadn't considered that. You're thinking that Bob has met Polka Dot before in the past and that's why she is friendly towards him? That makes more sense than Bob just randomly being able to calm a rampaging beast.

Last edited by Angry Hatter (7/11/2015 2:12 pm)

7/21/2015 7:34 pm  #26

So they're running off to join the circus, literally. Somehow, this chapter feels a little bit like a lost chapter of Axe Cop. Just curious, Emmett wouldn't happen to have replaced Roonas as co-writer, would he? http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/tongue.png

I'm calling it. Sacred Pie is now once more officially a romp through space and time.

7/22/2015 1:19 pm  #27

We'll, yeah, it's going back to its romp-roots.  After being stuck in Rai's flashback story, Grundar, and the prison planet, I feel like half of Sacred Pie's entirety has only occurred in three different locations.
I'm kind of stoked to be on the move- more chances to draw different settings, creatures, and characters.

Last edited by sacredbob (7/22/2015 1:20 pm)

7/22/2015 6:54 pm  #28

Only HALF? That seems very generous.

According to the Hooey page, our first look at Tundar (Chapter 16: The Prison Planet), was on July 27, 2003. That exactly 12 years ago as of this month. (Fun fact: I can pinpoint when I began reading Sacred Pie. It was sometime between September 19 and 21, 2003 that I reached the end of what Bob had posted so far at that point.) We left Tundar behind on April 29, 2007, close to 4 years later.

Then began the Grundar arc, which ended on August 29, 2011, lasting exactly 4 years and 4 months.

Then we spent a little over 3 years in Backflash City and the township of Hiatusville before finally leaving the Temple of T'Yalla on October 3, 2014.

So, 11 years and some change out of the 15 or so years since Sacred Pie started have been devoted to these three locations. Yikes.

Romping it is then.

9/02/2015 5:23 am  #29

ajvander wrote:

Ok that makes sense, she did look pretty angry makes sense they only got a few creds so they could eat and sleep a few days. The biggest problem is they have no ID no past no history who hires people like that especially for security work.

Thinking globally, instead think Galactically.  On a planet - yes, references, past history etc all function because there is a provenance, a chain of information and/or people's word and bureaucratic evidence to establish a backstory and credibility within a species of particular system - but in the wider galaxy, aside from some instellar information sharing and networking that goes on within the Galactic legislative process there is very little 'linked' background checking capability, not much opportunity for cooperation unless it serves the interests of both sides ... it amounts to trying to setup an infrastucture and workforce to support and guide this bureaucratic mess would not be cost effective when no one is willing to pay for it on a governmental scale, and "people" of the wider galaxy tend to trust their "eyes" and "ears" (or other various sensing organs of varied species not mentioned here). 

Just my take on it ...

-Roon

9/08/2015 7:19 pm  #30

Spoken for truth.  Inner worlds, more established (politically and technologically) worlds, and certain races' homeworlds would require more security and information and the outer worlds would be more like the wild west (poor analogy, but you get the gist).
So far, we haven't seen an actual "Inner/Core world" with the exception of Mandarla. As the boys were expected that time, though, IDs weren't an issue.

Hmmm....

Board footera