Sacred Pie: The Message Board!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2015 4:24 pm  #11

Re: Hold the f***ing phone

Angry Hatter wrote:

Grampa Traveller imminent! 

I want it to be Rai, but I always want it to be silly stuff like that. It probably is (edit, clarity) Grandpa Traveller. Better yet, Rai introducing Grandpa Traveler.

Last edited by Charon (4/06/2015 7:18 pm)

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

4/06/2015 4:56 pm  #12

I wouldn't think that Rai would do travel by Medallion. That would mean that there would be a universe without a Rai (and therefore a universe with only Jai, which spells trouble for all the universes - if you find a way to end one, you end them all). I think Rai needs to exist in every reality, to cancel out Jai.

4/06/2015 7:22 pm  #13

Angry Hatter wrote:

I wouldn't think that Rai would do travel by Medallion. That would mean that there would be a universe without a Rai (and therefore a universe with only Jai, which spells trouble for all the universes - if you find a way to end one, you end them all). I think Rai needs to exist in every reality, to cancel out Jai.

I am sorry. I don't remember what I was doing while writting that, but what it wasn't was proof reading things I write to make sure they make sense. I meant that it probably is the other Traveller. I edited my post to curb confusion.

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

4/09/2015 9:30 pm  #14

Oh, snap! What if it's Sid!?

4/13/2015 10:26 am  #15

Or maybe it's Grampa Traveller like I suspected!

And could that be a young B-Man with him? Bahonyo, pre-Kingship?

And Areyela is a lot bigger than I thought she'd be. She looks like she packs a mean punch (or a gentle telekinesis stabbing).

5/01/2015 8:10 pm  #16

Angry Hatter wrote:

Needs to exist is an interesting perspective ... what about the other side of the coin, "Cannot exist without" (you would say it's the same thing, but it is not in my frame of reference). Termination of one though - indeed ... imbalance, wheel goes spinning off the axle.  End game ... good thing for us and the universe at large that they are so equally and opposingly matched. My point is one simply saying that if one goes even by chance, the other will also go in the universal chaos and upheaval that would ensue - neither would be a victor standing over the other in the conventional sense. Even suicide for Rai or Jai would spell the end of the other - although neither would ever conceive that sort of surrender ... just ... my thoughts on the subject.

-Roonas

5/02/2015 12:11 pm  #17

My sense of the conflict between Rai and Jai is that Jai would love nothing more than to go back to the way it was before the Universe was created because he hates doing anything and being concious, whereas Rai is the opposite and loves when stuff is going on, and he especially loves annoying Jai by making him get off his butt and do something. This whole Lucifer story is basically Rai's way of  teasing Jai with the tantalizing possibility of an end to the Universe.

I would have thought that if Jai could somehow end it all just by committing suicide then he would have done so ages ago. The implication of what you're saying seems to be that even if Jai ended his life (or destroyed his current body/avatar) the Universe wouldn't end (in the sense of it reverting back to the way it was pre-creation), is that it?

Board footera