Sacred Pie: The Message Board!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2014 8:55 pm  #11

Re: Who's that having a drink in the latest page?

Angry Hatter wrote:

Yay! Bigotry! My favorite!

By the way, shouldn't the Boys be, like, literally almost dead from exhaustion by now? They've been on their feet almost non-stop for at least the last 48 hours or so, escaping Tundar, getting smacked around by all manner of Lucifer's minions... Man, can't believe it's only been a day in comic-time since they were on Tundar. It's been like 6-7 years in real time!

There was like a 48-hour-ish window between Tundar and Grundar.

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

10/20/2014 9:45 pm  #12

Charon wrote:

There was like a 48-hour-ish window between Tundar and Grundar.

No, not at all. The Boys escaped Tundar, got transported to the Guardsmen planetoid, had dinner and a chat with the Admiral, and then came the intercepted communication between Kip & Martin and Lucifer that informed them that the Helmet would be arriving on Grundar in 20 hours. I'd estimate that there was at most 24 hours (or so) between the Boys escaping Tundar and where we are at the present.

10/21/2014 1:36 am  #13

Angry Hatter wrote:

No, not at all. The Boys escaped Tundar, got transported to the Guardsmen planetoid, had dinner and a chat with the Admiral, and then came the intercepted communication between Kip & Martin and Lucifer that informed them that the Helmet would be arriving on Grundar in 20 hours. I'd estimate that there was at most 24 hours (or so) between the Boys escaping Tundar and where we are at the present.

Yes 20 I don't know why I was thinking 40. Anyway, that is still plenty of time to get rest. Just because they never explicitly say or show they are getting sleep/rest, doesn't mean they aren't. Besides, we have the technology now to replace sleep, do you really think Bahonyo couldn't come up with something?

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -Mark Twain

10/21/2014 8:02 am  #14

Charon wrote:

Yes 20 I don't know why I was thinking 40. Anyway, that is still plenty of time to get rest. Just because they never explicitly say or show they are getting sleep/rest, doesn't mean they aren't. Besides, we have the technology now to replace sleep, do you really think Bahonyo couldn't come up with something?

True.  We haven't seen them pee yet either, but you don't see me drawing any crossed legs.http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/errr.png

10/21/2014 10:10 am  #15

Well, the last full night's sleep the Boys had was the night before the Admiral's forces took control of Tundar's orbit and sent down the fuel cell (Chapter 23: Scramble). Since then, Roonas has had the most sleep. He took a short nap that was interrupted by Ghouls coming to take Sid to Var's palace. Bob went out Repenting. After that they were on their feet for the whole day until their escape from Tundar. There's only one window where they could theoretically have taken a nap, after the Admiral informs them they'll be jumping around picking up allies from all over the galaxy, there's a "3 hours later" caption. So during that 3 hours, we don't know what they were up to, so they might have rested a bit. After that we're with the Boys pretty much non-stop until where we are now.

And it's easier just to assume they pee off-camera, or maybe their suits absorb their pee and purifies it into drinking water. One of the "standard" features Bahonyo was talking about?

10/21/2014 10:32 pm  #16

Angry Hatter wrote:

And it's easier just to assume they pee off-camera

So why can't we assume they sleep off camera too? I still say Bahonyo has some sort of technobable that reduces the amount of sleep you need. Seriously, you can snort a chemical called orexin A to reverse sleep deprivation effects. If we have that technology and know-how, I am sure Bahonyo does.

10/22/2014 12:24 am  #17

Charon wrote:

So why can't we assume they sleep off camera too?

There hasn't really been a lot of "off camera" since they started preparing for the battle on Grundar (apart from the aforementioned "3 hours later" skip), and the ultimate, climactic battle to determine the fate of the Universe isn't exactly the most appropriate time and place for a cat nap. 

Charon wrote:

I still say Bahonyo has some sort of technobable that reduces the amount of sleep you need. Seriously, you can snort a chemical called orexin A to reverse sleep deprivation effects. If we have that technology and know-how, I am sure Bahonyo does.

I mean, it's possible, I suppose, but it's way to esoteric to just be assumed without it having been mentioned in the comic. Even so, there's nothing that beats a good night's rest, and seeing as it's been more than two days since they were able to sleep for several hours, it'd be only natural for them to be a little bit pooped right now. 

That's not to mention all the trauma they've experienced in the last 48 hours, both physically and emotionally. They've been pumping adrenaline throughout the battle, and after that wears off, you tend to experience a crash. Bob got hit pretty hard by Sammael, and Roonas was knocked unconcious for several minutes by Tibis, which suggests he might have suffered a concussion. They had to watch close friends and allies die, particularly Koren who died before their very eyes as they failed to save her from her wound. 

All I'm saying is, if I were them I'm sure I'd be feeling a little bit like I'd been burning the candle at both ends. 

11/02/2014 9:40 pm  #18

BLAM. ANOTHER CHAMPION HAS ENTERED THE ARENA.

Now we get to finally find out what the deal is with these AWESOME new characters!

5/31/2015 11:49 am  #19

sacredbob wrote:

Your character, Ang, will get some first-hand bigotry in this very chapter!

By the way, what happened to that sweet, sweet bigotry that was promised? Was it cut for time?

6/02/2015 8:32 pm  #20

Nah.... re-adjusted for content. Originally, Bob and Roonas were going to join their crew for a couple/few chapters and they would've gotten more up-front development.  Instead, we'll learn more about them individually in a slightly later chapter.

Board footera